Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Sweet Life of a Wife

    Hi everyone! Well, this is my first attempt at blogging so let's hope I can keep this up. :) I wanted to share a few things from today that I've done in hopes it may help some of you out. 
   Today was my second "big" shopping trip using coupons and I wanted to share some of the great deals I found. I spent the past 3 plus days searching for coupons, looking at sale papers, and planning my shopping trip. I ended up spending $144.71 and saved $43.73. The total savings wasn't as much as I'd hoped for, but it still wasn't bad for just beginning! I got my coupons from Coupons.com, Redplum.com and also bought 5 Sunday papers and used the coupons from that. 



    As you can see, that's a WHOLE lotta stuff for 144 bucks! If you have a Food Lion near you, I'd suggest going there and checking the sale papers. I got a lot of these items Buy One Get One Free. You can't beat free. :) 


    Tonight's dinner was delicious AND easy. I whipped it together in about 10 minutes and stuck it in the oven for 30. 

                                   Chicken Alfredo Bake

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz.) package elbow/penned macaroni - I used elbow
Alfredo sauce
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese works just as well)
2 garlic cloves
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten 
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cups mozzarella cheese



Directions:
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Stir together all ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. 



And voila! There you have it. Serve with a side of garlic bread or dinner rolls. The hubbs absolutely loved it, along with our four year old. And we all know how tough it can be to get four year olds to eat their dinner. ;)



One last thing I'd like to share would be some of the great deals going on right now with Scentsy. If you need Christmas gift ideas for the kids, or for those hard to buy relatives/friends, you really can't go wrong with Scentsy. Scentsy buddies AND fragrance foams are buy one get one free and as I mentioned earlier, you can't beat free! 




If you want to place an order for yours, just go to mrsjdavis.scentsy.us OR send me an email. 

I hope you enjoyed my blog! Have a blessed day! 








No comments:

Post a Comment