Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Couponing Trip and Financial Tips

Hey everyone! 

So sorry I have not been posting on here recently. It has been insanely busy between couponing, preparing for Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, Black Friday Planning, etc. I did want to take a minute to share what has been going on in the Davis household the past few days. 

As some of you know, we recently moved from AL to NC and I have a friend from high school here whose roommate is a photographer. She gave us a fantastic deal on family pictures (for our Christmas cards) and I wanted to share them here! Her business is out of High Point, NC and called Oh Snap! Photography. She is seriously awesome. 


This one was one of my personal favorites and probably one we'll use for the Christmas cards. This next one was a close runner up.


What do you guys think?? I'd love to hear some feedback!


Sunday I went shopping at Harris Teeter for our weekly grocery buying trip. I spent just a few days this time planning and checking sales and I must say I was incredibly proud of my savings this time!!! We spent $119.54 and saved $97.17. Needless to say, I was ecstatic!! 

This time, I didn't buy anything that wasn't on sale or that I didn't have a coupon for. Except for eggs, bread and milk which we HAD to have (and I bought store brand). It helped tremendously switching from Food Lion to Harris Teeter and shopping the sales. I once again used coupons from Coupons.com, RedPlum.com and SmartSource.com. I also got a LOT of Buy One Get Ones and even scored deals that weren't listed in store! :) 




This was me and Eli in Harris Teeter with our buggy full of groceries. As you can tell, he was ecstatic about being in the store. Haha. ;) 
I think the deal I was most proud of was the vanilla extract I got on sale and was Buy One Get One that wasn't listed in store AND the Thanksgiving turkey we got for $7 off! 


Next, I'd like to share what I've been working on tonight. If you are trying to better manage your finances or save money, go check out LearnVest.com. It is a FREE 10 Day Financial Bootcamp! You spend just 5 minutes a day helping you get your finances organized. I heard about this from AProverbsWife.com (one of my favorite sites).
I set up our family budget tonight and linked our bank account to this site which allowed me to see where our money is going every month. I set up our budget in different labeled folders to control where our money goes and keep an eye on how much we have left for expenses each month. I know it may be hard to understand on here, but I promise it is worth checking out and signing up for if you are struggling with finances. 


Well friends, I believe it's now time to get the little boy (and big boy) in bed. :) I hope you all have a great night and a wonderful Thanksgiving week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment